Monday, September 24, 2012

It's Here!


At long last, I have an actual copy of the book in hand. If you click here you can order it directly from the University of Utah Press. You can get it either in paperback ($20) or ebook ($16). I'm trying to get a button set up to order it here from the blog, but not yet.

I'll be selling and signing copies at the Daughters of Utah Pioneers annual convention this coming weekend, Sept. 29th, at the Davis Conference Center, 1651 North 700 W Layton, UT 84041, from 9 a.m. to noon. I'm also hosting a book launch party at my home on October 5th. Drop me an email if you'd like an invite: pioneerfoodie at gmail.

All in all I'm rather pleased with the final book. There are jillions of footnotes and sources in the bibliography. More than sixty historical photographs of food and food processes. It has a very attractive cover, and an ISBN all my own. On the down side, the font is quite small, it seems to me, so maybe the ebook is the way to go, as you can manipulate the font to a more readable size. Still, if I were shopping for a book about foodways, I'd buy this one, if I do say so myself. I can't wait to hear from my first reader though, for a more objective evaluation. Are you that reader?

0 comments: